Monday 10 September 2012

Scratching Post Charity Needs Votes To Win £5000

Phew ...... stretching creativity to its max! Although I've always thought that Tweeting was for the birdies, I've succumbed to Twitter ..... but only for a Good Cause :)

I think I've mentioned before that Flossie and Minstrel came from The Scratching Post, a little Cat Rescue Charity that operates in the Cheshunt/Enfield/Waltham Cross area in Hertfordshire/North London/ Essex UK (and actually in the areas surrounding there as well)?

Well, this month (September 2012), they are in a competition where they stand to win £5000! This is money they could desperately do with! To put it in context, £5000 would just about cover a low month of vets bills!

All they need to do is collect the most number of votes from people in this month and they'll get it.

Sounds too good to be true? Well, let me explain!
A UK pet insurance company (link below) gives money away each month to a charity and the Scratching Post has been chosen as one of the charities for this month. The top prize of £5000 goes to the charity with the most votes!

To help, you need to be a Facebook user and need to log onto https://www.facebook.com/FeelGoodPark.  It only takes 5 mouse clicks: Just go to the page, Choose Vote for a Charity (the box near the top), Authorise the App (it's nothing sinister ..... honest!) and then click on The Scratching Post and finally click the pink Submit paw. 


Right at this moment, they are at 2nd place and I have been submitting messages to all sorts of groups on Facebook and cat related websites to try to get as many people as possible to vote for us. Then ..... Twitter! Decided to bite the bullet on Twitter and try to use that as well to contact people. I can honestly say I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm giving it my best shot :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...