Sunday, 29 May 2011
Tentatively Carrying On!
You then have to sew together the two front pieces. Since it's a toile, I have the stitch length set to the highest length. It's been a long time since I have sewed such a long length, so I take it slowly! I then stitched the two back pieces to the front ..... so far, so good :)
I then pressed open all the seams and attached the waistband to the skirt. This went very well, although there was a little 'ease' to make allowances for. I only slightly misaligned one of the seams.
Then for the dreaded invisible zip! I'll be honest that initially I wasn't entirely sure how to do it! I had previously looked at a number of different websites but in the end, I used Sunni's instructions. I took a lot of care over it, treating it as a learning experience before doing it 'for real'. It came out quite well. I make a slight mistake over the section of the seam that goes from the end of the zip down to the bottom of the skirt and so had to improvise with a bit of hand stitching but I think I'll be able to rectify that when I come to do the real thing.
And here is the finished toile! In actual fact, for an old duvet cover, it doesn't look all that bad :)
Firstly, from the front:
So, onwards to the real thing :)