Saturday 11 June 2011

Hooray! The Rug is Done


Thanks to a very nice lady called Kimberley at the Customer Services of William Briggs, the company that now owns the Glorafilia brand, The Rug is now complete.

As she promised, she sent me the green wool and it arrived on Thursday. The wool was indeed a perfect match, much to my delight. After a little bit of stitching on Thursday evening and last night, all the cross stitching is now done. By the way, the wine bottle is only in the picture to give some idea of how big it is, although a celebratory glass of wine might have been a good idea :)

I really can't thank Kimberley enough! She actually sent me more wool than I need, so I will send the surplus back with a Thank You card for her kindness. It's nice to know that a company has a 'human face' :)

So, all I now need to do is to turn back the excess rug canvas and sew that down and also do the fringe on each end. Hopefully, that shouldn't take too long.

What big project shall I do now?    :)

1 comment:

Stitch Parade said...

Wow - thsi looks great. I bet it was tons of work but worth it, right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...