Wednesday 16 February 2011

The Rug Progress - Saturday 12th February

Here's the rug at the beginning of my sewing session on Saturday .... accompanied by Flossie :)

And here it is at the end.


The shots below show it in more detail, from left to right as it 'sits' in the frame.

Before......
After .............

Before.........


After ..........


Before ...........


After ........... actually, didn't really do anything on the right hand side.


Whenever I sew, Flossie in particular is never far away! More often than not, she sits on the arm of the settee closely observing what I do! For Flossie, just about anything is an opportunity to play so she loves to watch the thread being pulled through the canvas! However, thankfully she's never tried to pounce on the threads!

I love spending Saturday evenings sewing! Not quite the high life ..... but hey ho! We always sit listening to music as well and we spent a portion of the evening listening to Gary Moore who died the Monday before (6th February) at the shockingly young age of 58. He was a tremendous guitar player, best known for playing with Thin Lizzy. I think he would have prefered to be known as a Blues guitar player but I personally prefer his rock guitar.

I didn't keep a note of how long I spent sewing but I'm quite pleased with my progress.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Flossie obviously finds your sewing as therapeutic as you do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...